Former 164-182 Walton Breck Road, Liverpool L4 0RG
Site details & LOCATION:
This site is situated adjacent to Anfield Stadium in a residential area providing an exciting opportunity for a developer as there will be significant footfall to the site. Anfield High Street will undergo significant transformation over the next few years with the creation of new commercial units, a high-end brand hotel and upgrade of the public realm. Liverpool Football Club are proposing further stadium expansion with associated public realm at Anfield Road.
Liverpool City Council is offering a unique investment opportunity to redevelop a vacant cleared site in the Everton Ward of Liverpool. The site is parallel with Liverpool Football Club’s Stadium and Store. The site is located three miles from the City Centre.
The Council is asking for Expressions of Interest from individuals, developers, and community organisations, in acquiring and developing these premises. In particular, it wishes to facilitate new local amenities for the residents and community on Walton Breck Road.
The City Council owns the freehold to the vacant site and proposes to dispose of a long leasehold interest of the completed units Subject to Contract and City Council approval (details to be agreed with the Council if successful).
The Council is seeking submissions from interested parties, in particular the Council wishes to explore approaches from:
- Submissions that provide new retail and commercial premises, interfacing and animating Walton Breck Road.
- Proposals that attract new retail tenants that benefit the local community.
- Proposals that support the Council’s Net Zero Carbon, Social Value and inclusive Design ambitions/aims
- High quality design and materials with key corner building providing visual markers
- Utilising the site to accommodate off-site car parking and servicing specifically for the commercial units, accessed from side streets.
- Development to provide suitable interface that respects the amenity of neighbouring residential properties.
- Facilitate public realm enhancement of adjacent public footways, and car parking to side streets
FORMAL OFFERS & SUBMISSION PROCESS:
Formal written offers are sought from interested parties who are required to provide the following information:
- Completed Due Diligence form attached to this document
- Full details of the individual / company.
- Your business plan for the next five years and evidence of funding to bring forward development.
- Written details of your proposal for the property including plans for the development.
- Proposals to include details of the proposed future management arrangements, including lettings policy.
- A financial offer for the land.
- Include details of how the proposal will positively contribute to the wider Anfield regeneration project.
- Submission to include details of what community benefits will arise from the new shops, including employment and training opportunities; community facilities; and how the proposal will address deprivation and inequalities.
- Evidence of any previous development experience.
- Timeframe for delivery.
- Proposed community consultation arrangements.
- Any other relevant information.
1) The Council is not bound to accept the highest or any offer made;
2) The Council reserves the right to shortlist the submitted offers pending future negotiation;
3) Submissions should be made by email ONLY to the email address below;
Submissions should be made by 23rd July 2021
FINANCIAL OFFER: Liverpool City Council will consider all offers made after the closing date.
All disposals are subject to the payment of the City Councils surveyor’s fees (5%) and legal fees (4%).
Please contact telephone no: 0151 233 3000 for further information on business rates.
The site benefits from an existing planning permission for an 11 retail unit scheme.
Interested parties should also make themselves aware of relevant planning policy relating to mixed-use development in this location, including the Liverpool Local Plan, Anfield – Spatial Regeneration Framework and advice at the following link:-
The Planning Authority provide a pre-application service, details of which are on the attached link below. Any planning enquiries should be made through this process –
FURTHER INFORMATION AND VIEWINGS:
Due to the condition of the premises internal viewings are restricted / Accompanied site visits can be arranged, but the majority of the site can be viewed from the public highway.
All enquiries and for further information please contact:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone: 0151 233 0201/3000
Liverpool City Council, Cunard Building, Water Street, Liverpool, L3 1AH